Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The day of love



Hello everyone,




Happy Valentine's Day.  My wife and I celebrated a day early because she had to work tonight.  We had a great day.  After grabbing a nice dinner, we decided to go see a movie.  With all the movies that are currently out, what better than going to a romantic one?  


We decided on 'The Vow' and it was really good.  It was definitely a "chick flick", but it was one of the best ones I have ever seen.  If you get a chance to watch it, I highly recommend it.  


Valentine's Day is a special day for love.  However, it is also a special day for me because three years ago to the day, I picked up my beautiful golden retriever and named him Ryder.  Ryder is just over three years old now and couldn't possibly be a better dog.  He is a typical golden retriever as he is very friendly, smart, and playful.  


I have been writing a lot today.   I have written over ten pages this afternoon.  Matter of fact, I just hit 35,000 words total so far for the book.  It is an incredible experience, however it can be hard at times because I am reliving some of the memories of my mom's car accident.  I wish I could have sent her a Valentine's Day gift, but such is life.  I know that she is watching down on me smiling.  


To all the people who don't have a Valentine, don't worry about it.  Just keep smiling and do you.  One day you will meet that special person in your life if you want to.  If you don't want to then don't sweat it.  Do whatever makes you happy in this life.  Thanks for listening and take care.  



“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”  Charles R. Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment